Tuesday 1 October 2013

Stills: Alice Springs rain.






Oh, how I love love love the rain here in Alice Springs. It doesn't happen often (in fact, I've probably blogged about every spot of rain this year - this post and this post at least) so it's delightful to breathe deeply and soak in the heady scent of petrichor (a fancy word I learnt from this sweet lady!). Friday there was a shower in the late morning, and Sunday the skies let loose with a pelting storm - there was even some hail. Although, as it turned out, the hail storm was extremely localised (to which fellow Alice Springs blogger Girl in the Pjs can attest). Fingers crossed there's some more where that came from.


P.S. You may have noticed a little spot of advertising somewhere there on the right hand side. I'm on my way to becoming a blogging millionaire (cough, cough) so if you see an ad for Twinings tea, or the like, feel free to click through and contribute to my blogging fortune. Of course, I'm joking - about the millionaire part. Feel free to let me know if you totally hate it and will never visit my blog again because of it. (Or not!)

Linking to Em at the Beetle Shack for her weekly linky!

6 comments:

  1. You got some rain! I was about to send some - our back yard is a lake...I'm thinking about adding trout!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe, we had a teensy tiny spot of rain again today. A relief, after a hot hot week! Hope it's dried up a little at your place? x

      Delete
  2. Petrichor is one of my favourite words and smells. Gorgeous pictures especially the cactus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lila! Definitely one of my favourite smells.

      Delete
  3. I'm sooo behind with my blog reading I've only just seen this post - love those raindrops on the bike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess you've been busy...I don't know...getting married! It's always a novelty to catch photos of raindrops here in Alice :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...