Tuesday 19 November 2013

Stills: Inside, outside.


  1. I picked up this mirror from a trash-and-treasure stall at the local markets. It reminded me of a mirror I used to have that belonged to my grandmother. It was misplaced in a move at some point in time, so when I found this one it was meant to come home with me.
  2. Bougainvillea from the plant alongisde the house...
  3. ...on the mantlepiece, alongside the mirror.
  4. This morning I picked this mega-zucchini from the garden. It is really heavy! 
  5. Natives for along the back fence.
  6. The chooks have been getting into the veggie garden and helping themselves to almost everything in sight.
  7. Except, it seems, sweet basil and thyme. They also didn't care much for lemongrass and the zucchini bushes. They did, however, take a liking to corn, silverbeet, kale, Vietnamese mint, and the leaves from the chilli plant. Clever chooks left the chillies.
  8. The guilty three, who now have clipped wings and a double-height fence!
  9. Luckily they have been earning their keep and laying two-a-day.
  10. We had book club on Sunday morning. We all rode our bikes together into town for breakfast and a chat about the latest books. This month we read Patrick White's The Twyborn Affair (which I'm still ploughing through) and The Long Weekend in Alice Springs (a graphic novel based on an essay, which I talked about in this post). Some of us also read the Luminaries by Eleanor Catton, which I'm just about to start now that uni is over for the year.
What are you reading at the moment?


1 comment:

  1. God, I haven't done a stills post in way too long! I'm reading Eiger Dreams by Jack Krakauer. It's actually about mountain climbing which I have zero interest in, but having finished Into The Wild I wanted to read something else of his. He's such a good writer he makes stories about mountain climbing fascinating even for me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...