Tuesday 25 March 2014

Markets, home and a(nother) head cold: A 'Stills' post.






After working in Darwin last week, Peter and I had the weekend to spend together. We tried to find some colour and texture to add some feeling into his furnished apartment. Success was found by way of a brightly coloured rag rug, a pumpkin coloured ceramic vase, coloured rattan coasters and some vivid cotton throws for the beds. Small touches but they made a big difference! On Sunday morning we went to the Rapid Creek markets, which has loads of fresh produce - in particular, Asian greens and tropical fruits. I found it a bit overwhelming, actually - very hot, lots of people and so many ingredients that I'm not sure how to use in a meal. 

I flew back to Alice Springs in the afternoon, back home to the doggies and a raging head cold. Tell me, how do I stop falling prey to the grips of the dreaded head cold? This is my second in a month. And now, BAM! Two in quick succession. Any tips to ward them off will be gratefully accepted.

This week, my team of lovely ladies has our cricket grand final! I've been a bit slack on the cricket updates (as I previously promised to do). Our last game was won with nine overs to spare. We've had some changes to our team with a couple of players moving away or out with injuries but we've also added some fantastic new players to the mix as well. My season highlight was making 22 runs - my most ever! We play 'Super 8s' format which means we retire at 30 runs, so I only had eight more to make. Fingers crossed my head has sorted itself out by then. We're playing the team we played last year in the grand final; last year they took the win. I'll let you know how it goes!


Linking up with Em's weekly 'stills' collection.


EDIT: No sooner had I posted this when this article came up in my newsfeed. Better get back into the habit of taking vitamin C/zinc/horseradish/marshmallow combination!

1 comment:

  1. I love the variety of food captured at the market. We tried dragon fruit after Miss 4 begged me to buy one. Well we did and she's not a fan. Such a funny moment. Have a great week. over from stills. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...