Sunday 14 July 2013

Stills: Garden; colour; feathers.










My 'staycation' week continued and, sadly, this weekend draws to an end. I enjoyed doing very little, apart from things like pottering around, drinking tea and reading. I also picked up a painting I've had on lay-by for a while - a beautiful, vibrant work by Helen Curtis from Nyapari, in the Pitjantjatjara lands. The little chickies are growing bigger every day as is the broccolini, and Peter made a DIY compost bin out of chicken wire and hessian. One more day of rest and relaxation, before it's back to the grind.



And a link to Em at The Beetle Shack!

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving that painting!
    Cute chickies too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ally, I love it too! The day I set eyes on it I couldn't stop thinking about it so I knew it was meant for me.
      The chicks are growing SO quickly! Every day they're getting bigger.

      Delete
  2. I love that your shot of the broccoli is almost identical to Em's! Clearly it's the season for broccoli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I thought the same when I saw her Stills this morning! Clearly, broccoli = vegetable KING! :)

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful piece of art to be able to admire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a beauty. Thanks for stopping by, Imogen!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...