Sunday 1 June 2014

That golden light...



...and other things I love about Alice Springs right now:

the smell of winter and woodfires in the air

catching up over coffee and bumping into more friends

the footy spirit that brings families from communities into town to support their team

the time of year where things start to come alive

five minutes drive is all the way across town

the ever-present MacDonnell Ranges

river red gums


And of course, there are things that I don't love so much. But they're way outweighed by the warmth I feel for this place.

I hope you enjoyed your weekend, wherever you are!

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! I love this time of year too. There's such excitement in town. So many holiday makers, I love seeing all the camper vans around town. Am sooo glad it is finally cold. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't cop the summer heat even half as badly as you do in Alice, but doesn't a hot climate make you really appreciate the brief few months of cold? Adelaide winters are so bleak and feel like they last forever. In Perth I get excited to wear jumpers and socks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...