Wednesday 3 December 2014

Taking stock: December.



Making // list upon list upon list (and ticking things off... Capricorn style).

Cooking // simple pasta with fresh basil from the garden.

Drinking // water... so much water! OK, and pinot grigio. And crisp, summer beer. And double-shot lattes.

Reading // 'Bitter Greens' by Kate Forsyth (for book club); 'The Narrow Road to the Deep North' by Richard Flanagan; 'Lean In' by Sheryl Sandberg; Dumbo Feather magazine; Women's Agenda.

Wanting // to feel a refreshing sea breeze on my face.

Looking // forward to swimming in the ocean.

Playing // Sufjan Stevens, 1 Giant Leap and other familiar favourites.

Deciding // which Law unit to take in Semester 1, 2015.

Wishing // that all my favourite people in the world lived closer.

Enjoying // the rain storms over Central Australia this week, breaking the unusually muggy heat.

Waiting // excitedly to see my Mum graduate with her PhD (Dr Mum!).

Liking // linen... everything.

Wondering // where 2015 will take me!

Loving // the thought of spending time with family over Christmas.

Pondering // opportunities for the year ahead.

Considering // my long-term goal and the steps to reach it.

Watching // Black Comedy - so good! And recently, First Contact. If you didn't see it, I highly recommend it.

Hoping // my plants survive the hot summer ahead.

Marvelling // at how quickly time goes.

Needing // to wear sunscreen more often.

Smelling // petrichor, when the rain hits the warm earth.

Wearing // clothes that are cool, comfortable and easy to ride a bike in!

Following // so many lovely Instagram accounts. I love scrolling through my feed!

Noticing // all the Christmas stuff and trying to ignore it.

Knowing // that all the Christmas stuff is inevitable, and will only increase.

Thinking // about an event I'm looking to plan in early 2015.

Admiring // the beauty and drama of the Central Australian landscape, even in the grips of summer.

Sorting // out my wardrobe, culling and simplifying.

Buying // NT mangoes... yum!

Getting // frustrated with the impact of decisions being made by the NT and federal governments (like this one, this one and this one).

Bookmarking // things to dream about!

Disliking // that my heels are getting desert cracks.

Opening // the windows when the air cools down outside.

Giggling // at my little niece and her antics.

Feeling // so many emotions; expressing not enough.

Snacking // on cheese and quince paste.

Coveting // a leather backpack.

Helping // my friends in the ongoing quest for Beautiful Things!

Hearing // the sound of birds in the mornings.


Thanks for the list, Pip! Find it over here.

1 comment:

  1. Often I find these Taking Stock lists really boring to read through. But I love yours! You write so well Emma - even in a short sentence you can convey so much x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...